Today we are going to talk with Lee Briggs from Pulumi. Pulumi allows you to create modern Infrastructure as Code, using any cloud using familiar programming languages and tools.
The BEST part is that Pulumi is 100% open source.
What is Infrastructure as Code (IaC)?
Why would you want to adopt IaC?
- Who made changes to the code
- Ticket that was linked
Does IaC document your infrastructure?
Does IaC allow for solid Dev Ops?
What is Pulumi?
What makes Pulumi different than
- Serverless Framework – https://www.pulumi.com/docs/intro/vs/serverless/
- Cloud Formation – https://www.pulumi.com/docs/intro/vs/cloud_templates/
- Terraform – https://www.pulumi.com/docs/intro/vs/terraform/
Will IaC take longer?
- Should it be used for an MVP?
- How large of a team would you have before using IaC?
- Is it worth the time to set up if it is just something quick.
Is Pulumi good for single code shops that know only a single language?
- Speed to market is easier.
- No need to learn markup language
How big is the learning curve of IaC?
- Serverless is YAML
Pulumi support “ecosystems”
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/purrfect-dev/message