JAMStack GR #4
The best way to build the fastest Angular apps. Scully is a static site generator for Angular projects looking to embrace the JAMStack.
Scully pre-renders each page in your app to plain HTML & CSS. To do this, Scully uses machine learning techniques to find all of the routes in your project. Scully then visits each route, rendering the view and saving it to an HTML file.You can then ship all of those HTML files to production. Each view in your app can now be delivered to your users in just a few KBs, as opposed to the hundreds/thousands of KBs require to download your entire Angular app.Your app appears INSTANTLY on any device (including mobile 3G).Once the fully-rendered HTML arrives/appears on the user's view, your Angular app will then load and bootstrap on top of the existing view. This means that Scully gives you the best of both worlds:
- The ability to pre-render your entire app to the most base form of HTML & CSS.
- The ability to still have a full powered SPA written in Angular.
The Scully core team wants to help you any time you need us. We don’t want you to get stuck without help. To make this possible, you have the following ways to get a hold of our team:
- The ScullyIO Gitter channel is available to the public, and you can chat questions to us in real time, one of the core team (or the community members) will be there to reply to it.
- Each Tuesday we have Office Hours at noon MDT. You can join the entire team and ask your questions.
- Our DMs are open on Twitter. Feel free to reach out to us on Twitter.