Cassidy is a Principal Developer Experience Engineer at Netlify. Cassidy was featured in Glamour magazine as one of the 35 Women Under 35 Who Are Changing the Tech Industry, and she starred in the documentary Big Dream (www.bigdreammovement.com), which focuses on women who are breaking barriers and overcoming personal challenges to follow their passion in science, math, computing & engineering.
- Can you tell us a little bit about your journey in technology?
- You talked recently about how you are an introvert and that you just started speaking and writing to break out of some of this.
- What makes Next.js different than hosting something like Gatsby?
- What are the new changes Netlify has made to improve hosting for Next.js?
- Are there any drawbacks to hosting on Netlify over Vercel?
- Are Netlify Functions actually AWS Lambdas?
- https://github.com/netlify/netlify-plugin-nextjs - Netlify's Next.js Plugin
- https://www.netlify.com/authors/cassidy-williams/ - Cassidy's Netlify Blog posts (cass.run/nb)
- https://www.netlify.com/press/netlify-announces-next-js-integration-enabling-next-js-10-for-enterprise-teams/ - Enterprise Next.js 10 on Netlify
These are fun picks of the week. Maybe something you bought online, a great show you are currently watching, or that last book that you thought was amazing.
- Obsidian: https://obsidian.md
- Itaewon Class → K-drama on Netflix https://www.netflix.com/title/81193309
- https://expo.io/ - Write Once for all your Apps