Amy is a designer and developer with over 20 years of experience freelancing. Her day job is Senior UI/UX Designer and Frontend Developer at ZEAL, but she also cohosts the CompressedFM podcast with James Quick and runs the Self Teach Me Youtube channel where she teaches designers to code and developers to design.
- What is ZEAL and what do you do there?
- How did you get started Freelancing?
- Freelancing sounds like it's one of the dream jobs everyone wants, what are some of the pitfalls?
- At what point do you think someone is capable of making the jump to freelancing?
- What are the most common projects you get asked for as a freelancer?
- What is your tech stack of choice or does it depend on the project?
- https://www.figma.com/figjam/ - Figjam
- https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/360063144053-Create-branches-and-merge-changes - Branches
- https://www.framer.com/ - Framer Prototype
- https://www.sanity.io/docs/groq - Query Language
- https://www.codingzeal.com/hiring - Zeal Hiring
- https://dribbble.com/ - Inspiration for designers and creatives
- https://www.behance.net/ - Behance
- https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/panda-5-your-favorite-web/haafibkemckmbknhfkiiniobjpgkebko?hl=en - Panda 5
- https://sidebar.io/ - Sidebar
These are fun picks of the week. Maybe something you bought online, a great show you are currently watching, or that last book that you thought was amazing.
- Freelance episodes on CompressedFM, they provide links to helpful articles and documents that they use in their own businesses which really makes them stand apart imo.
- If you sign up for their newsletter, you get the extra stuff straight to your inbox!
- The Mitchells vs the Machines: https://www.netflix.com/title/81399614
- Tips for Finding Clients as a Freelance developer - https://dev.to/creativetim_official/10-tips-for-finding-clients-as-a-freelance-web-developer-1cbe
- Jupiter's Legacy - https://www.netflix.com/title/80244953